The latest issue of Commercial Motor is out today (7 March). This week, CM looks back at the trucks of the 1970s and why it was such a good decade for trucking.
This week’s issue also includes:
- Why the Daf CF85 is the industry’s benchmark truck for hauliers.
- More and more hauliers are signing up for Tachodisc’s services- CM finds out why.
- Fowler Welch MD Nick Hay shares his views on the importance of truck replacement cycles and the switch to Euro-6.
- Nightmare scenario: what should you do if one of your drivers dies in an accident?
- Great Rate Debate: part one of our series looks at the building materials sector.
- Legal cases: a Scottish operator has its O-licence suspended after one of its drivers had two driving cards and a tipper operator is fined when a LGV hits an overhead powerline.
- The latest industry news: a Vosa roadside inforcement unit is to be scaled back due to budget cuts, Stobart is convicted in a lorry watch scheme and AFS Haulage takes on some of Andover Transport’s assets.
All this plus hundreds of used trucks, the next part in our pull-out Operator CPC course. Pick up your issue at a newsagent today, or subscribe to get CM delivered to your door.