Under the stipulations of the ten year longer semi-trailer trial all specifications of trailer must meet the turning circle requirement set out in regulation 31A(1) of the Construction and Use regulation 1986 – meaning the tractor (either 4x2 or 6x2) and trailer must be able to turn in a 12.5m circle.
SDC models meeting the VCA mandatory requirements for Vehicle Special Order are:
- 14.65m self steer rated for 44-tonnes
- 15.65m self steer rated for 44-tonnes
- 15.65m single Tri Dec command steer rated for 44-tonnes
- 15.65m single Muldoon command steer rated for 44-tonnes
- 15.65m twin Tri Dec command steer rated for 44-tonnes
SDC managing director Mark Cuskeran says: “We are delighted to be the first manufacturer to achieve our LST Model Report which makes our range of trailers road legal.
“We were quite confident that our trailers would pass the physical testing carried out by the VCA as we have currently 70 longer semi-trailers in build.”