O-licence law; driver’s hours law, driving standards… all the compliance news you need. Driver licence law, financial regulations, environmental regulations… all the guidance you need. Health and safety regulations, legislation changes, new policy proposals… all the advice you need to keep your fleet running.

And why not register for our Compliance Bulletin to receive the latest legal and fleet management advice fortnightly? Sign up free now

Changing and varying your O-licence

You must notify the Traffic Commissioner within 21 days and return the disc relating to that vehicle, together with your licence documents and vehicle list, so they can be changed.

Digital tachographs

EC regulation No 561/2006, published in April 2006, replaced the regulation (3820/85) on EU drivers’ hours and made the fitment of digital tachographs mandatory in all new vehicles that require a tachograph as of 1 May 2006. There have been no changes, however, to the basic hours rules or to the vehicles exempted from using a tachograph. Nor is there any requirement to retrofit digital tachographs to existing vehicles. More information on the background to digital tachographs.

Failure to identify driver - Tim Ridyard

Failure to identify driver s172 Road Traffic Act 1988.The Divisional Court has just dealt with yet another 'failure to identify driver' case of which there have been quite a number over the last year or so in Weightman .v. DPP [2007] Divisional Court 6 March 2007

Make your manual entries!

Failing to ensure that driver's make a proper note on the back of tachograph charts for unexpected events arising in the course of a journey, or even 'off road' driving, can prove costly...

Facing a Public Inquiry?

Had an unsatisfactory visit from VOSA? Being called to an Inquiry? The main thing to do is act now!

MOBILES & MORE: D-DAY 27th FEB - Tim Ridyard

S26 Road Safety Act 2006 to be exact - which says you cannot use a hand-held mobile whilst driving and nor may you supervise someone driving whilst using a mobile.

Operator Licence – Financial standing

As a holder of a Goods Vehicle Licence does my business have to continually demonstrate that it has sufficient funds to comply with the “financial standing” requirement on the licence?