Fleet compliance and efficiency are the key drivers for any successful goods operator. But as regulations around vehicle safety and emissions tighten and the industry’s HGV driver shortage shows no sign of easing, businesses face a challenging operating environment.
This research focuses on topical fleet compliance issues, from the merits of the DVSA’s Earned Recognition programme, through to efficient use of telematics and connected systems. It will provide an insight into the key fleet management stresses operators face, as well as gauge industry interest for opportunities presented by new technology.
- Fleet utilisation and challenges - We asked operators how fleet utilisation had changed over the past three years and what the key stress factors were in managing their vehicles.
- Driving force - Operators were surveyed about their driver recruitment practices, use of agency staff and thoughts around Driver CPC training.
- Telematics and connected vehicles - We surveyed operators about the use of telematics in both their truck and trailer fleets, and provide insight into connected technology being used today.
- Earned Recognition - Since its launch in 2018, we find out how many operators have signed up to the DVSA’s Earned Recognition scheme and gauge industry levels of support for the initiative.
- CO2 reduction -The government has set the logistics sector a voluntary target to reduce CO2 emissions by 15% by 2025. Do operators think this target is achievable?
This CM Special is free of charge to all registered users of Commercialmotor.com - and registration is free too. Simply click on the 'Download' button at the bottom of the page and either log in or register if prompted to do so.