Nine applications and decisions from the North-West and West Midlands
A new authorisation for DHL Supply Chain (pictured above with customer Morrisons) at an Esso site in Birmingham were among the latest applications and decisions from the Office of the Traffic Commissioners that caught our eye this week.
- SRL Traffic Systems can base two vehicles at the Light House, Brooks Lane, Middlewich.
- JMD Haulage Contractors has been given the green light for 75 vehicles and 95 trailers at the Saturn Business Park, School Lane, Knowsley.
- T Wilson & Sons (Farmers) has been given the go-ahead for 20 vehicles and 35 trailers at an operating centre in Maggotts Nook Farm, Rainford, St Helens.
- Colin John Huyton & Partners can station nine vehicles and nine trailers at Bolton Peel Farm, Bolton By Bowland Road, Clitheroe.
- UK Aggregates & Plant can locate seven vehicles at Victoria House, New Cheshire Business Park, Northwich.
- Morrison Utility Services can park five vehicles and three trailers in Smithy Manor, Jubits Lane, St Helens.
- Salford Skip Hire has been granted authorisation for 20 vehicles and four trailers at Kingston House, Cobden Street, Salford.
- Professional Scaffolding can station two vehicles at an operating centre in Woodbarn Farm, Ansley, Nuneaton.
- DHL Supply Chain has been given authorisation for 11 vehicles and 11 trailers at the Esso Petroleum Co site in Wood Lane, Erdington, Birmingham.
Why not register for our Compliance Bulletin to receive the latest legal and fleet management advice fortnightly? Sign up free now
New Renault Range Ds for Reading Council
Reading Borough Council has bought 10 Renault Range Ds, including seven D12 tippers (pictured) and a D18 gulley sucker.
The trucks, which are the first Renault’s on Reading’s 240-strong fleet, have all been fitted with a Key Out System.
Fleet and transport assistant manager Tom Howes said: “We need to keep the engine switched on to run the compressor and with the driver working outside of the truck, there is an obvious security issue. The Key Out System allows the key to be removed from the ignition but keeps the truck and tools running seamlessly without the worry of the vehicle being stolen.”
- Tip-ex Tank-ex, taking place in Harrogate from 30 May - 1 June 2019 is the UK's must-attend event for operators in the dry bulk and liquid tanker sectors. You can register free on the website.