Nine applications and decisions from the south-west and south-east
Granted applications from Flowmix, Flexible Vehicle Logistics and PTD Solutions caught our eye this week.
- Flowmix in Tewkesbury has been granted a licence for four lorries and two trailers to operate out of a unit in Ashchurch, but it must provide financial standing evidence to the Central Licensing Office by 30 August.
- A licence authorising 10 HGVs and 10 trailers has been granted to Flexible Vehicle Logistics LLP operating out of a base in Yeovil.
- PTD Solutions has a licence authorising four HGVs and four trailers operating out of a unit in Teddington, Tewkesbury.
- Orion Haulage in Newport has been granted a licence authorising one vehicle to operate out of a base on Prospect Road in Cowes.
- Denby Construction (East Midlands) has been granted authorisation to run one vehicle out of an operating centre in Ilkeston, Derbyshire.
- EW Taylor & Company (Forwarding) has been a granted a licence authorising two vehicles and 20 trailers out of an operating centre in Sittingbourne.
- Dover-based G K Friend Haulage has been granted a licence for 10 HGVs and 10 trailers to operate out of a base in Eythorne.
- A licence for four lorries and four trailers has been granted to Fermac, operating out of a unit at Heathrow airport.
- LP Racing in Horsham has been granted a licence for one vehicle and one trailer in Merston, Chichester.
Why not register for our Compliance Bulletin to receive the latest legal and fleet management advice fortnightly? Sign up free now
1,000,000 Volvo rolls off line at factory
The one millionth Volvo truck has rolled off the production line in Volvo Trucks’ Gent Plant in Belgium.
The milestone was achieved in November last year when the Volvo FM came out of the Oostakker factory to be presented to Alderman Martine De Regge of the City of Gent, where the truck will join a fleet of 18 Volvo trucks. It will mainly be used for logistical support for the various city services.
Gent has been the site of Volvo production for since 1975 when the factory opened.
"It is, of course, fantastic to see how the circle is complete: a truck 'made' in Gent, used for Gent and built by the people in Volvo’s Gent factory. That is a fantastic story. Indeed, 'Hats off' for the people who have assembled the trucks in Gent for so many years, "says Johan Hoste, head of facility management for the City of Gent.