TruckEast Norwich named Scania depot of the year
TruckEast Norwich has been crowned Scania Depot of the Year 2018 in the annual Scania (GB) competition.
The dealership scored full marks in each of the target categories as well as achieving a 100% MoT pass rate.
The Norwich site was acquired in February 2016, with TruckEast spending more than £100,000 to upgrade the premises. Over the past three years, it has gone from ranking 70th in the network to number one.
TruckEast MD John Biggin said: “Our priority is to keep business moving and the key to this is delivering fantastic customer service.”
Seven applications and decisions that were granted this week
New applications from Unipart, KNDL and Whitworth Bros were among the applications and decisions to the Office of the Traffic Commissioners that caught out attention this week.
- The traffic commissioner has authorised Total Forwarding Transport to operate one HGV and one trailer out of a depot in Hulme Avenue, Tilbury.
- United Grab Hire has been given the go-ahead to run two lorries out of an operating centre in the Ferns Recycling Plant, Great Warley, and three HGVs out of a second site on Toms Lane, Kings Langley.
- Unipart Group can run 40 HGVs and 10 trailers out of an operating centre in Bury St Edmunds if it provides TM1 forms and evidence of a genuine link for the transport managers transferring via TUPE within a month.
- The TC has granted Jajja Transport in Leicester an O-licence authorising two vehicles and two trailers out of premises on Oakland Road if it provides three months bank statements and other financial details by 31 May 2019.
- Whitworth Bros in Wellingborough has been granted a licence authorising two HGVs and seven trailers out of an operating centre in Duke Street, Glasgow.
- The TC has granted a new authorisation to Kuehne & Nagel Drinks Logistics’ existing licence on the J4 M8 distribution park in Bathgate, West Lothian, and it can now operate 92 lorries and 82 trailers out of the depot.
- Blacks Transport in Dunoon has been given the green light to increase the number of vehicles at its Sandbank Business Park, Dunoon, operating centre to four lorries and eight trailers.
Why not register for our Compliance Bulletin to receive the latest legal and fleet management advice fortnightly? Sign up free now