Isuzu Names Hosoi as President
Isuzu has named Susumu Hosoi as its new President.Given that it was Hosoi who drove the negotiations that resulted in Toyota taking a 5.9 per cent piece of Japan's biggest LD truck producer, it seems likely that we will now see further and closer ties between the two companies. How Hino fits in remains to be seen.
Budget 2007 - key points for transport operators
- Reduced Pollution Certificate scheme re-introduced from October 2007 for anyone taking a Euro 5 truck before the mandatory introduction in 2009.
- Fuel duty to increase by 2p/lit in line with inflation, postponed until October 2007, and then by 2p/lit from April 2008 and 1.8p/lit from April 2009.
- Funding for the targeting of law-breaking foreign operators tripled, intended to target 50,000 trucks a year with intelligence and ANPR/WIMS technology.
- Further investigation into a Euro-vignette scheme, to report by October 2007.
- Duty differential of 20p/lit on biofuels extended until 2009-10.
- VED rates for trucks frozen.
- VED for Euro 4 vans £115.
See all our Budget stories.