Tiger Trailers hiring new Technical Sales Manager
Employer: Tiger Trailers
Role: Technical Sales Manager
This is an exciting opportunity to join one the UK’s fasting growing manufacturer of trailers and commercial vehicle rigid body work. We have just gone into our sixth year of trading and demand for our products has increased dramatically, therefore we are expanding our Sales team. We are recruiting for a Technical Sales Manager to ensure we can keep up with demand and continue to offer an excellent service and innovative design solutions for our customers.
We are based in our state-of-the-art purpose-built manufacturing facility in Winsford which was designed with our customers in mind. We have unique features no other trailer manufacturer has in the industry, including a showroom to display our products and to allow our customers to inspect their trailers in a private and quiet environment. A dedicated contract review space where our experienced Design, Sales and Production team can work closely together to ensure we design and build high quality, innovative product solutions for our customers.
Reporting into the Sales Director the successful candidate will ideally have a solid sales background and experience working in the transport industry. Experience in the commercial vehicle body building and trailer industry would be advantageous but not essential. We are looking for the right person who is a team player, proven experience of building excellent relationships with current customers but also have the tenacity to break into new industries and gain new customers.
· Promoting and generating new sales enquiries and orders for all product types including rigid vehicles, double decks, loading products, ambient, chilled and frozen.
· Drive consistent performance with a focus of on boarding new customers and retaining existing ones
· Increase the market position of the company
· Break into new sectors/ industries the company has not traditionally sold into
· Prepare your own specifications and quotations
· Visit customer sites across the UK
· Liaise closely with the Design team, attending contract reviews and other meetings which may be necessary
· Manage customers orders through from receipt to delivery of the product
· Promote Tiger 24/7 service and other products
· Attend Trade shows and any other events that may be relevant and support new sales opportunities
· Meet Sales targets
Skills, Experience and Qualifications required
· Experience with account management and acquiring new business
· Successful previous experience as a sales representative or sales manager, consistently meeting or exceeding targets
· Excellent team player who communicates and works well with others
· Self-motivated and tenacious with a proven ability to drive and manage the sales process from start to completion
· Eager to learn and continually improve on technical product knowledge
· Ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organisation and with customers
· Commercial vehicle body building and trailer industry knowledge desirable but not essential
Salary – competitive
22 days holiday plus bank holidays
Contributory pension scheme
To apply for this role please visit tigertrailers.co.uk/vacancies
Hermes invests in more CNG-powered IVECOs and will trial hydrogen truck next year
Hermes is investing in more CNG-powered IVECO 4x2 tractor units and will run a trial with a DAF hydrogen tractor next year as part of its drive to reduce carbon emissions.
It started buying renewable bio-CNG from CNG Fuels two years ago and now has 30 gas-powered tractor units on the roads. It is now expanding the gas fleet to 72 vehicles, the largest in the UK, making up almost half its mainly DAF trunking fleet. The vehicles are refuelled at Hermes' Warrington hub and at third party stations in Leyland and Daventry.
Hermes operations director - hubs and depots Jon Ormond said the parcels firm had tried CNG-powered rigids too but with limited success.
While bio-CNG is delivering carbon savings of over 80% compared with diesel, Hermes will test a zero-tailpipe emissions DAF hydrogen tractor unit next year.
Hermes has also gone 100% electric at its depot in Beckton just to the east of London City Airport, using 32 battery electric Nissan eNV200 vans to deliver into central London. The Beckton site employs all its delivery couriers after Hermes insourced deliveries there from Gnewt and the vehicles are charged overnight at the depot.
Ormond said that Hermes wanted to use a variety of alternative low carbon fuels to achieve its goal of halving CO2 emissions by 2020. “It is dangerous to rely on just one fuel,” he said. “The government has capped the duty on natural gas for now but we can't back one type of fuel.”