Maxus launches e Deliver 3 electric van
Maxus has launched its first electric-only van, built from the ground-up with the purpose of taking on zero emission competition from the Renault Kangoo ZE and Nissan e-NV200. The Maxus e Deliver 3 was due to be named the LDV EV30, but after rebranding as Maxus, the model name has also changed.
Power comes from an electric motor producing 90kW (122hp) and 255Nm of torque through the front wheels and it paired to either a 35kWh or 53kWh battery pack. It comes in either short- or long-wheelbase variants with a single roof height, that allows a payload volume of 4.8 cu m or 6.3 cu m.
Payload ranges from 865kg for a the short-wheelbase van with a GVW of 2.3 tonnes while the best performing model is the long-wheelbase van with the smaller 35kWh battery pack that has a 1,020kg payload.
Speed is limited to 75mph, but it will reach 62mph in just 11 seconds. Charging times are between 6-8hours, however the e Deliver 3 does support fast charging with 80% capacity possible in just 45 minutes. Official range for the small city van is 150 miles on a single charge with the larger of the two batteries.
Standard equipment includes air conditioning, electric windows and electrically adjustable door mirrors. There’s also a multifunction steering wheel and an eight-inch touchscreen infotainment system which incorporates Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
Prices start from £30,000 but the e Deliver 3 is suitable for the UK government electric vehicle grant scheme which means prices actually start from £22,800. Order books are open now with first deliveries expected in July with platform chassis vehicles available in Q3 2020 and the long wheelbase panel van will be available in Q4 2020.
Vacancy: Commercial Export Manager (North Lincolnshire), Clugston International Trading Ltd
Are you looking for a new job opportunity? Commercial Motor can help you take the next step in your career. And to browse all current vacancies, visit our Jobs page.
Employer: Clugston International Trading Ltd
Role: Commercial Export Manager
Location: North Lincolnshire
Clugston International is one of the UK’s leading exporters of quality used trucks and transport equipment worldwide, including: Trailers, Heavy Plant, Construction Machinery, Agricultural Equipment and Spare Parts. Currently we are exporting to all over Africa.
The job will predominantly be office based involving continued development of our current export market, although travelling will be an essential part of the job, visiting customers and seeking new opportunities. We require a self-motivated, enthusiastic, well connected individual with exceptional sales and marketing expertise.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience and knowledge in Road Transportation Industry essential.
- A good understanding of Trucks, Tankers, Trailers – together with spare parts and diagnostics.
- Must be able to network with transport owners, appropriate decision makers relating to Export Trucks, Equipment, and spare parts.
- Ability to engage with our current customers and developing new contacts and business.
- IT literate – Microsoft Word and Excel essential. Ability to process sales enquiries.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Languages – Fluent English, other languages a benefit.
- Qualifications – Minimum basic qualification in Maths and English.
- Financial – articulate and confident in negotiation and skills techniques.
- Must have a full UK driving licence.
Interested candidates, please apply by sending your CV with cover letter to email@example.com