Used Mercedes-Benz Actros attracts crowds at CV Show
One of the big attractions at the CV Show is the used truck that Mercedes-Benz brings along each event to display on its stand.
This year the manufacturer had this Actros 2546LS 6x2 MegaSpace BlueTec Euro-5 artic, complete with decorative airbrushed artwork.
The July 2012-registered vehicle was snapped up by Chilton Bulk Transport based in South Wales through a Mercedes-Benz finance package.
It features the Mercedes 6-cylinder diesel engine and 12-speed Powershift transmission.
This Actros, which has 93,000km on the clock, had a full body and chassis strip down and repaint at the Mercedes Used Truck centre in Barnsley.
The 44 tonner vehicle features alloy wheels, fridge and microwave, custom built storage units, daytime running lights and Kelsa low bars.
There was also a 22 inch flatscreen TV with freeview and DVD as well as Xbox games console and mood lighting.
Out now: Commercial Motor 7 May issue
Forget the race for number 10 - pick up your copy of the 7 May issue of Commercial Motor, out today, to see who made it all the way to number one in the second part of our countdown of the 100 greatest trucks of all time.
Also in this week's issue:
- Following a series of recent accidents involving longer semi trailers, we investigate whether the government's 10 year trial is on track and delivering the goods.
- Volkswagen takes further steps to integrate MAN and Scania with the creation of a new commercial vehicle-dedicated company.
- Norbert Dentressangle's iconic post-box red is to disappear from the roads.
- We visit Enviroclear, the waste management company leading the way with extensive investment in new technology and training to secure its place in the sector
- Isuzu gets set and goes with Argos as the traditionally Daf-dominated fleet moves forwards