To celebrate the 125th anniversary of one of the world’s foremost truck manufacturers, commercialmotor.com has teamed up with Scania for a birthday giveaway.
A lucky 125 commercialmotor.com readers can get their hands on a free copy of the collector’s special, An Unrivalled Heritage: 125 Years of History from the Scania Archives.
The book is stuffed with photographs from the company’s birth in 1881 up to the recent release of its next generation R- and S-series trucks.
Follow Scania’s trucks from the snowy roads of Sweden to Brazil and the pyramids of Egypt, and learn about the difficulties faced by the company over the years.
To win, answer the question below, and winners will be the first 125 correct answers picked at random. Email your answer to firstname.lastname@example.org with Scania competition in the subject line. Please include your postal address.
The closing date for entries is 24 November.
In which Swedish town was Scania founded?
Pick up a copy of next week’s Commercial Motor (17 November) for a free copy of Scene Scania, the exclusive UK magazine usually only available to Scania dealers and customers.
Terms and Conditions
- Each winner will win a single copy of An Unrivalled Heritage: 125 Years of History from the Scania Archives.
- There will be no runners-up prizes.
- All entries must contain a valid email address in order that winners can be easily contacted.
- There is a limit of one entry per person.
- The prize draw closes at midnight on 24 November 2016.
- Any entries received after this date will not be entered into the draw.
- This prize draw is open to UK residents over the age of 18, excluding any employees of Road Transport Media or their immediate family.
- No purchase is necessary.
- Road Transport Media shall not be held responsible for technical errors – in telecommunication networks, internet access or otherwise – preventing entry to the prize draw.
- The winners will be drawn at random from the correct entries by the editor of Commercial Motor on 11 December 2015.
- Road Transport Media will not accept responsibility for entries lost, delayed, misdirected, damaged, illegible or undelivered.
- The winners will be contacted on 14 December 2015. If the winners cannot be contacted by this date, the prize will be redrawn.
- Unsuccessful entrants will not be notified but will be entitled to request details of the winners by writing to Road Transport Media.
- The prize is non-refundable, non-exchangeable and non-transferable. No cash alternative is available.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering the prize draw, entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Any entrant and/or participant who has provided false or misleading information and/or has breached these terms and conditions will be immediately disqualified from this draw. The promoter reserves the right to withhold any prize under this clause.
- If any of the clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unforeseeable then it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
- The promoter reserves the right to withdraw or amend this draw at any time without notice.
- Acceptance of the prize constitutes consent for Road Transport Media to use the winner’s name for editorial or publicity purposes in perpetuity.
- The prize draw shall be governed and construed and have effect in all respects in accordance with English law, and the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any proceedings arising out of or in connection with it.
Promoter: Road Transport Media Ltd, Sixth Floor, Chancery House, St. Nicholas Way, Sutton. Surrey. SM1 1JB. Registered in England, No 07464854.