MAN 26.433 SF56 AHG
Edwin Richard Foden, formerly of the FODEN company, produced the first ERF diesel-engine lorry in 1933. ERF’s factory in Sandbach, Cheshire, produced the chassis while cabs were bought in along with drivetrains from specialist manufacturers – a policy that continued throughout the company’s life. The combination of Cummins engines, Eaton gearboxes and Rockwell axles proved popular in the UK market with the B, C and E ranges gaining favour with many major UK hauliers.
In 1996 ERF was bought by Canadian manufacturer Western Star and then in 2000 by MAN. MAN eventually stopped offering third party drivelines in ERFs, by which point the ERFs were little more than re-badged MAN products. In 2007, MAN retired the ERF brand completely.