The Industry Monitor 2021 Edition is an overview of the trading conditions and confidence that UK operators are experiencing today.
It provides analysis of key challenges – such as urban regulations, a national driver shortage and truck crime – and gauges the impact this is having on operators, both large and small.
There is also an in-depth look into expected buying patterns for the year ahead, from the numbers of new trucks anticipated to be bought to choosing the latest alternatively fuelled models.
The report was compiled from independent Edge Insight research commissioned by Motor Transport and Commercial Motor, in partnership with Asset Alliance Group.
- Fleet and operator data - This section looks at the fleet demographics of those taking part in this survey, from total number of vehicles through to annual turnover. We also explore latest O-licensing trends in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland
- Challenges and predictions - We look at the key issues affecting operators in the next 12 months, as shown by our operator respondents and the industry’s main trade associations, Logistics UK and the RHA. We also explore business confidence and projected company growth
- Buying behaviours - Our survey asks operators what their intended fleet purchasing plans will be for the next 12 months for HGVs and trailers, and looks at some of the factors influencing this, such as brand allegiance and finance methods
- Green ambition - The UK government has set out a clear ambition for the country’s transport network to head towards net zero carbon. We explore what this means for operators and how manufacturers are responding to the challenge
- Alternative fuels - We look at the latest non-diesel models on the market, and those in the not-too-distant future, from leading manufacturers. From battery or range-extended electric to drop-in fuels and natural gas – there is a model for everyone
- City living - Urban regulation is becoming more complex, but at what cost to operators delivering into towns and cities? We gauge operators’ opinion
- Driver demand - The perennial challenge of driver recruitment continues to plague the logistics industry, so we drill down into the extent of the problem and what can be done to encourage new recruits
- Crime stoppers - Our survey looks at whether operators are seeing an increase in vehicle and load crime
- Asset Alliance Group in the spotlight - Learn about the full range of business services and company structure of Asset Alliance Group